Tuesday, April 22, 2008

North Fork Mokelumne

My first entry was from my excursion at the North Fork of the Mokelumne River. I thought I could go there find some nice fly water and possibly catch a nice trout. The biggest trout that I have ever caught was at least a 22' inch beast from the Truckee River in June of 2007.

The North Fork of the Mokelumne River presented me with many problems. First was the cost of petro. I was able to find a way to work around that obstacle, but I lost more time on the water. The second was trying to find a good place to cast my line. The North Fork of the Mokelumne River is steep, fast and is very cold. One slip could be it for me. I ended up do some rock climbing to find some ok place to fish, but in the process, my 5 weight fell apart in the process. Luckily I brought my 4 weight, but I just could not find a good place to cast to. After getting a little wet from sweat from the climbing, I just called it quits. So my drought continues on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home