Monday, September 6, 2010

the need to stop slacking



Ok I admit, I have been slacking. One of the many things I have wanted to do this summer wanted to get my MCP from Windows XP, fish the Rubicon, get in better shape, & start my blog back up. I haven't stopped fishing. In fact, I have achieved some milestones. Like catch my first Crappie, my first Carp, & my first Striper on a fly. Ok, they are not very hard goals to achieve, but for me it shows that I can allow me to give up my reliance of bait fishing. That is how I started to fish. You know, putting that nightcrawler on the hook like my dad showed me when I was like 8 years old. Those days are farther & few in my fishing life. Now that I know that the flies that I tie can actually make fish go crazy, I don't need the the bait techniques any longer. Ok, all 3 of the aforementioned species that I caught for the first time were on the small size. (the striper was 12 inches, the crappie & the carp were barely 3 inches) Still I am getting geeked about fishing anywhere with a fly & knowing I have a chance of success. It wasn't like that 5 years ago when I first started flycasting. Those times have changed & I look forward to exploring more frontiers to cast my flies in. Tight lines my friends & if you have any fish stories, please share them here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home