Saturday, May 10, 2008

Flyfishing Bears of Alaska




I don't really have many stories to share for you since my last post, but I do have a dream that I would like to share with all. The dream takes place in Alaska, a place where I dream about flyfishing all of the time. The place just seems so romantic for me. The chance to catch steelhead, grayling, or the many different types of Salmon. Then the chance to sleep under the Northern lights. Well, I was dreaming that I finally made the trip up north. It was about this time of year, maybe later. The reason why I say this, is due to the fact that the river I was fishing was swollen from the winter melt. I don't really know if this happens up there, but it was part of my dream.

So, I was doing my thing, looking for the best spot to cast my line. I found one away from people, but to my chagrin, there was a family of bears flyfishing about 25 meters down stream from me. I did't noticed them at first, until I heard a growl. I started to shake in my waders, but I was careful to move. The current was swift and the color was a muddy grey. So I figured that the bears wouldn't notice me, if I walked further downstream in a group of trees. Wrong!!! One big bear spotted me. It came towards me. I didn't know what to do, so I jumped in the current hoping it would guide me away from the big bear. Unfortunately for me, the bear was a great swimmer and was using the current to gain momentum to get closer to me.

I thought I could outmaneuver the bear, but I found it to be a losing battle. I came to a point in my dream that I had to decide my worse faith, the Bear or the River, because somehow I came up to a waterfall. At the moment of my decision ,I woke up in a pool of sweat (well I hope it was sweat). I don't know why I dreamed of the bear's flyfishing or why one chased me, but it was trippy situation all the same.


Tight Lines, my Friends!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home