Monday, November 10, 2008

End of a season


I know I have been slacking my blog, but I have been doing some fishing. Of course most times I do get skunked. So I will reflect on some of the best times that I have experienced this current season.


Best Experience – Rucker Lake

Man, in two hours I managed to grab like 20 fish. Most Small Mouth Bass, but I did grab some Blue Gills. There is a debate about this, cause some people refer to these critters as Green Sunfish. Hey, they have a Blue Gill, so I will call them a Blue Gill.




Most Fun – Excursion to Carson Pass

I had two young cousins from Deutschland come to visit me for a month. I showed them how to cast a fly and believe it or not one of them caught a trout on the East Fork of the Carson River. I discovered my best fishing partners, my dogs Pepe & Zhita. Pepe does try to catch the fish that I hook on. This is not too good, cause I am a catch & release guy. I have to work with about that one.





Biggest fish hooked on a fly – Red Lake

Even though I didn’t pull it in, I did see the monster Brookie. It jumped off my hook right before I had a chance to net it. Then I had another monster splash water on me. I really need to get back up there again.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home